Sunday 12 September 2010

Friendships. (Or the lack of...)

Hello.

I haven't written a "proper" blog in a while. Well, in fact, I don't believe I've ever really written a "proper" blog. But how does one define proper?
"9. normal or regular." So no. In that repect, I definately haven't ever written a proper blog. Anyhow, I'm getting off from the point here...

What I really wanted to blog about was friendships. I don't belong to a specific group of friends. There's no point denying it, I just don't. I don't hang around with a select group of people all the time, and I don't meet up with a group out of school, either. I then get invited out places by groups of people. More often than not, I don't go. I tell myself it's because I don't have money, or I can't get there. I'm not lying when I say this, but I know I could probably ask my parents for some money, or I could ask one of my friends for a lift. This is probably due to confidence issue, stemed from the fact that I don't belong in a group of friends. It's a vicious cycle, really.

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not just going to whine about this fact for the rest of my life. Worse things have happened. But, occasionally, it would be nice to belong to a group. I do love the people I'm friends with, and I do meet up with select individuals out of school, but never in a group larger than three.

Who knows, maybe I'll end up in a 'group' at some point in my life.

(And no, if anyone from a group of people that I know who are reading this, this is NOT a dig at you.)

No comments:

Post a Comment